The following terms and conditions (“the Conditions”) are the terms on which Comms Warehouse (“the Company”) sells to other businesses and supersede all other terms and conditions used by the Company.
Orders, price and payment
- No contract shall come into existence until the Company confirms the order for Goods in writing.
- The price (exclusive of VAT) for the Goods (“the Price”) shall be the quoted price of the Company and payment of the Price shall be made by the Buyerwithin 30 days of the date (“the Due Date”) of the invoice for the Goods and time for payment shall be of the essence
- If the Price is not paid by the Due Date the Buyer will be liable to an additional payment of reasonable liquidated damages. Interest shall accrue both before and after any court judgment on the unpaid portion of the Price at the rate of eight per cent above the Bank of England base rate applicable at the due date.
- Any cancellation of any order by the Buyer must be in writing, and agreed as canceled also in writing by the Company. In case of any cancellation, the Buyer may be released from its obligations under the contract after payment of a sum for reasonable liquidated damages.
- If any term or provision of these Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any Court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- The Company may without the consent of the Buyer sub-licence its rights or obligations or any part of these Conditions.
- The Buyer by accepting a quotation from the company verbally or in writing accepts these terms and conditions of sale.
- All disputes shall be settled under the law of England and Wales.
- The headings in these Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the Conditions.
- Refunds will not be offered for goods worth £42 or less.
- The description and quantity of the Goods to be sold (“the Goods”) shall be as set out in the quotation provided by the Company to the Buyer (“the Quotation”).
- The Company shall deliver the Goods to the Buyer’s address and on the date as both are shown on the Quotation. Time shall not be of the essence for delivery. The Buyer shall make all necessary arrangements to take delivery of the Goods on the day notified by the Company for delivery. In the event the buyer fails to make sufficient arrangements so as to allow the company to deliver on the date or to the address on the quotation the Buyer will indemnify the company against the reasonable cost of the failed delivery.
- The Company must be advised in writing by recorded delivery of any defects in the Goods as soon as they are discovered by the Buyer who shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods if they have not been rejected on or before the seventh day after delivery. The Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods in whole or in part thereafter.
Title and risk
- The Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer following delivery and, notwithstanding delivery, title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Buyer has made payment of all sums owing to the Company failing which the Company shall have the right to repossess or otherwise recover the Goods. Until title passes the Buyer shall hold the Goods as bailee for the Company and shall store or mark them so that they can at all times be identified as the Goods of the Company.
Limitation of liability
- Save in respect of personal injury or death due to any negligence, the Company shall not be liable to the Buyer in respect of any loss suffered by the Buyer due to any defect in the Goods.
- Without prejudice to Condition 7.1 the Company shall not be liable to the Buyer or any third party for any loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Buyer arising in any way from this Agreement.
Set off and counterclaim
- The buyer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to the Company by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which the Buyer may have or allege to have or for any reason whatsoever.
- The Company shall not be liable for any default due to any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, but not limited to, Acts of God, war, civil unrest, riot, strike, lock-out, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, flood, earthquake, shortage of supply, industrial disputes, power supply delays/failure, adverse weather conditions, delays caused by external goods manufactures etc.) In such events Comms Warehouse may elect (by written notice) to cancel agreements with the customer or seek extended time to reasonably compete its orders.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, nothing herein shall confer or is intended to confer a benefit on any third party for the purpose of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose.
- Each of the parties agrees that save in respect of statements made fraudulently it shall have no remedy in respect of any untrue statement upon which it relied in entering this Agreement and that its only remedies shall be for breach of contract.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The laws of England and Wales shall govern this Agreement and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- All personal information the Company may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act. The Company does not store credit card details nor does it share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- The Company may use your personal information to:
- Provide its Goods and services to you;
- Process your payment for the Goods; and
- Inform you of new products and services available from the Company or other parts of the group. You may request that the Company stops sending you this information at any time.
- The Company will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- The Company may use your e-mail address to send you information about products or services that are the same as or similar to those that you have ordered from us and that we think you may find useful. The Company will do so only if you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes. At any stage you have the right to ask the Company to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes by contacting the Company via email or telephone or by using the unsubscribe function in the marketing e-mail.
Every effort is made to ensure all details and information within illustrations, product specifications and services depicted within this website and other Comms Warehouse documentation, are correct at the time of going to press. However, discrepancies may occur as a result of other manufactures altering goods, and therefore Comms Warehouse cannot be held responsible for any omissions or errors. Any discrepancies will receive the full attention of Comms Warehouse at all times.
The Company cannot be held responsible for any changes that may occur within the specifications stated in this web site. Some manufacturers reserve the right to revise their specifications without giving any notice to us. Comms Warehouse cannot be held responsible for any loss of damage incurred by you the Comms Warehouse customer as a result of changes to specifications.